3650 E Olympic Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90023
Jungle Boys has been one of the leading brands of cannabis products since 2006. We are well established in the industry and continue to grow. We currently have retail stores in California and Florida, with our Headquarters located near Los Angeles, CA, in the city of Boyle Heights. We are looking for a Graphic Designer to produce digital and print creative designs that will help us meet our marketing needs.
As the Graphic Designer on the creative team you will be responsible for producing digital, social, and print, assets that attract stakeholders and most importantly, our consumers. You will collaborate with the Senior Graphic Designer and partners across the organization by guiding them through the design process and turning conceptual ideas into creative visual representations.
To be successful in this role, you should have in-depth knowledge of graphic design, styles, and layout techniques specific to the Cannabis industry. You should also have experience executing marketing projects from conception to production, including websites, brochures, and product packaging.
You will work closely with the Senior Graphic Designer and assist with multiple projects and support our brand by delivering high-quality designs on tight deadlines.
- Report to and maintain proper communication with the Senior Graphic Designer to ensure project deadlines are being met.
- Coordinate with the Marketing team on all design projects, from conception to delivery.
- Design original pieces, including illustrations and infographics specific to our cannabis products.
- Refine images, fonts, and layouts using Adobe Creative software.
- Apply typography techniques.
- Photography and photo editing
- Assist in creating PowerPoints for visual presentations. (Microsoft PowerPoint or Google Slides)
- Assist in recording and managing projects in Excel.
- Assist Senior Graphic Designer with ODM (Original Design Manufacturer) project from sales and project team department.
- Generate ideas to advertise and promote products/services.
- Help maintain new products and technology branding with consistency throughout all our marketing projects.
- Stay current with industry developments and tools.
- Stay up to date with market trends.
- Assist in creating digital and marketing materials.
- Collaborate, brainstorm, and strategize with the Senior Graphic Designer, Creative Director, copywriters, and other stakeholders across the organization on a wide range of materials that may include online ads, flyers, branded merchandise, product packaging, social media posts, signage, and other marketing materials.
- Determine project requirements and conceptualize visuals based on requirements.
- Prepare project rough drafts and present ideas for feedback.
- Develop concepts with software (Adobe Creative Cloud Applications), and design original content determining ideal usage of color, text, font style, imagery, and layout.
- Test graphics across various media platforms.
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing, on-brand, and meet deadlines.
- Manage the design and upload process of all project materials, incorporating best practices when using the content management system.
- Other tasks, duties, or special projects as assigned.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator & Photoshop mainly. Adobe After effects is a major plus)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment under strict deadlines
- Understanding of basic design principles: Typography, Layout, color etc.
- Able to create & work with vector-based graphics
- Able to produce product/ apparel tech drawings (tech packs)
- High understanding of spot color separation
- Proficient in pantone swatch color selection
- Able to execute & organize day-to-day in house designer operations
- Good communication skills
- Must be creative and open to sharing ideas and take constructive feedback
- Cannabis Industry knowledge is a plus